Always have a grateful heart; there is so much to gain from it and nothing to lose. Some of the benefits of the practice of gratitude include the following:
Grateful heart quotes inspire you to live in the moment and be thankful for all the good in your life, such as family, friends, pets, home, career, and more. Grateful heart quotes can also serve as a reminder that although you do not have all that you may want, you still have so much in your life to be grateful for. And in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you should not neglect what you already have in pursuing success and more accomplishments. Thus, gratitude practice can help you stay grounded and not lose touch with the people and things most important to you.
Being Present In The Moment.
Practising gratitude is a form of mindfulness that involves living in the present moment, slowing down, and appreciating all the good in your life. Focusing more on what you do have and a lot less on the things that you may want but do not have. This practice has numerous benefits as it can help you depart from a scarcity mindset to one of abundance. An abundance mindset, in a nutshell, has to do with you feeling joy and contentment with what you have, even though you may be striving for more success in life. An abundance mindset has a way of attracting more abundance into your life, for like attracts like. Opposites do not attract in respect to the law of attraction, you attract what you are.
Be A Happier & Better Version of Yourself.
Practising gratitude can make you a better version of yourself as you would be happier, for a grateful heart does not harbour negative vibes. To help you get started with your gratitude practice, as you work on your own list of things you are grateful for, here is a list of 70 things you can be grateful for. For more insight, read more on showing kindness, how to have and maintain a positive mindset and inspirational quotes to help you cultivate a positive mindset.
Hopefully, these 85 ‘have grateful heart quotes’ below will inspire you to look for ways to be grateful in your own life. Being appreciative and thankful for what you have and where you are in life is the first step towards having an abundance mindset, where you feel blessed and attract more positivity or blessings into your life.
1. “You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got.”– Viki King
Having a grateful heart has numerous benefits, such as helping you to be a happier person as you would focus more on what you have and less on what you do not have.
More topics that may interest you:
2. “Most people are unhappy because they’re focused on what they want rather than appreciating what they have.”– Marty Rubin
3. “If you do not appreciate every day of your life, who said that the days and years will be an asset for the future?”– Sunday Adelaja
Gratitude Practice Tips.
- Keep a gratitude journal and write in it daily.
- Tell someone you care about them and how much you value them.
- Every day, take time to appreciate the beauty of nature.
- Maintain your relationships because good friends do not come along every day.
- Increase the frequency with which you smile.
4. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”– Eckhart Tolle
5. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.”– Robert Holden
6. “What can you do right now to turn your life around? Gratitude”– The Secret
In other words, do something today that your future self will thank you for. Every day is a blessing, a brand new opportunity for success, to accomplish your goals in life and create precious memories with your loved ones. Gratitude will help you have a better perspective on life and what is truly important to you in life. This in turn, will enable you to pinpoint what precisely you need to focus your efforts on to turn your life around and head in your desired direction.
7. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.”– Henri Fredric Amiel
8. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.”– Amy Collette
9. “To live a life fulfilled reflect on the things you have with gratitude.”– Jaren Davis
10. “If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.” Robert Quillen
11. “Enough’ is a feast.” Buddhist proverb
12. “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.”– Johannes Gaertner
13. “Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savoring; it is not taking things for granted; it is present-oriented.”– Sonja Lyubomirsky
14. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G.K. Chesterton
15. “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.”– Aesop
16. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
17. “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.”– Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
18. “Gratitude is the appreciation of things that are not deserved, earned or demanded – those wonderful things that we take for granted.”– Renée Paule
19. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”– Randy Pausch
20. “Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.”– Edwin Arlington Robinson
In other words, it is better to give than to receive, as this grateful heart quote highlights.
Gratitude Practice Tips
In the spirit of giving, you could share gratitude messages daily on social media or via text messages to friends and family. There are several more ways to be kind and give, and it does not have to cost you anything.
21. “If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.” Robert Quillen
22. “To live a life fulfilled reflect on the things you have with gratitude.”– Jaren Davis
Be thankful for all the wonderful people and things in your life. Irrespective of what you are going through, and what you think you need but do not have, there is still so much you can be grateful for in your life. Focus more on the things that you do have, show appreciation for those things, and you will attract more positivity and blessings into your life.
23. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.”– Amy Collette
24. “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.”– Albert Clarke
Have you ever been in the pursuit of happiness? If yes, well, this grateful heart quote has answered your quest. For you do not have to be happy to practice gratitude and be thankful for all that you have; but rather, it is the practice of gratitude that brings happiness.
Gratitude Practice Tips
One way to practice gratitude is to show appreciation to the people in your life. Say “I love you”, tell them how much they mean to you and brighten their day. For one sure way to be happy is to practise gratitude and make someone else happy, and you will be happy in return.
25. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.”– Henri Fredric Amiel
26. “What can you do right now to turn your life around? Gratitude”– The Secret
You have nothing to lose but much to gain from practising gratitude and having a grateful heart. Try it for a week, if you can, to make time every day to write down, say or reflect on 3 or more things you are grateful for, for that particular day.
Simple ways to practice gratitude include making a gratitude collage consisting of picture cut-outs of things you are grateful for in your life. You could also share your gratitude practice with your family, and everyone at dinner could say one or more things they are grateful for.
27. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
28. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.”– Kristin Armstrong
Life is what you make of it. When you focus on gratitude irrespective of what is going on around you, disappointments that come your way would only be learning curves or blessings in disguise. Whatever meaning you attribute to any given situation is what it shall be for you. You have more to gain and nothing to lose by focusing forward and solving problems rather than wallowing in misery and disappointment.
29. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”– Melodie Beattie
This grateful heart quote speaks volumes about the benefits of practising gratitude. A grateful heart turns what you have into enough and more, thus, leaving you feeling happy and free to enjoy every moment of your life. For there is no better time than the present moment.
30. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
In other words, actions speak louder words. In gratitude practice, you must not only feel thankful and grateful but express it in words and actions.
31. “You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.”– Buddha
Gratitude Practice Tips
- Take advantage of the learning opportunities presented by your mistakes.
- Encourage your friends to look at the bright side of life.
- When things are tough, keep your attention on your friends who are by your side or on the things that are going right in your life.
- When the opportunity presents itself, take notice and help or assist the people around you.
32. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” Charles Schwab
Have you ever heard that the way to be happy is to make someone else happy? Well, it is true. If you have the opportunity to encourage someone else, to bring out the best in them, you should definitely take it. Being kind and showing appreciation to someone else will cost you nothing but will attract more positive vibes your way. So, have a grateful heart and share the joy with others.
33. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.”– Jacques Maritain
34. “Enough is a feast.” Buddhist proverb
This ‘have a grateful heart quote’ has an in-depth meaning. As human beings, we generally have an insatiable appetite for acquiring things and more accomplishments. However, when you are grateful, thankful, appreciative and content with what you have when you consider what you have enough, that is a feast.
It must be pointed out, however, that being content and grateful with what you have, does not stop you from striving for more success in life. It only means that you are not in a scarcity mindset whilst you reach greater heights, which attracts what you are striving for.
35. “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.”– Johannes Gaertner
Gratitude Practice Tips
To practice gratitude, show appreciation to those who add to make your life wonderful. So, call your parents, grandparents, siblings, friends and colleagues and add some sunshine into their day as a thank you for what they do for you.
You could also embrace challenges that come your way as a form of practising gratitude. Turning the challenging situation into a learning and growth opportunity to better yourself. Thereby turning a not-so-pleasant experience into a positive one, and do not forget to be thankful when you do learn something new.
Send love to your enemies or people you dislike.
36. “Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savouring; it is not taking things for granted; it is present-oriented.”– Sonja Lyubomirsky
This ‘have a grateful heart quote’ really summarises the benefits of practising gratitude. If you are consumed with negative emotions such as hate, envy, worry, and so on, practising gratitude, such as making time to slow down and write down all the things you are grateful for, can help centre you and put things in perspective. Relieving you of negative emotions, for if you have a grateful heart, you cannot harbour negative emotions. However, this does not mean you will not feel negative emotions. However, you can acknowledge such emotions and then change your perspective to more positive thoughts and emotions.
In order words, send love and warm thought to those who perhaps do not like you or are envious of you.
37. “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.”– Aesop
Gratitude Practice Tips
- Reward effort, if someone does something nice for you, do something nice for them.
- Meditate with your gratitude list, giving thanks for all your good fortune.
- Live mindfully, not worrying about the past or future.
- Thank the people who serve you in the community — the shopkeeper, the bus drivers, etc.
- Say thank you for the little things your loved ones do for you, things you normally take for granted.
- Post quotes and images that remind you to be grateful around your house
38. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G.K. Chesterton
This is a beautiful grateful heart quote; and here are some simple ways to practice gratitude and have a grateful heart:
Gratitude Practice Tips
- Live in the moment, log off screens, and spend quality time with your children and/or your significant other.
- Remember to give your friends and family members honest compliments when.
- Call or write a card to someone you have not seen or spoken to in a long time and tell them something nice to make their day.
- Make a gratitude list, and every day add something new to it. Alternatively, you could make a daily or weekly grateful list, writing out what you are grateful for, for the day or week.
- When you have a negative thought, look for the positive aspects of the situation in question.
- Make a commitment to yourself to refrain from complaining for one day per week.
- Give credit where is due by acknowledging the good work done by others at home and at work.
39. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” William Arthur Ward
Gratitude Practice Tips
- Watching motivational videos will help you remember the good things happening in the world.
- Every day, make an effort to do something nice for someone else.
- Stay away from negative media and films that have destructive content.
- Make more phone calls to your mother or father.
- Prepare meals with care and consideration for the people you will be feeding.
- Volunteer your time for charitable organizations that benefit others.
- Don’t spread rumours or speak negatively about others.
40. “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.”– Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- Best Quotes For Financial Freedom And Independence. - 19 March 2023
- Mistakes: They CanMake You Or Break You. - 26 February 2023
- Great Mistake Quotes For The Ultimate Motivation You Need. - 22 February 2023