In a world often bustling with the demands of daily life and the needs of those we hold dear, we often forget a crucial truth: we are just as important as the people we love and care for. The art of self-kindness, a practice often overlooked in the whirlwind of our daily routines, is a powerful elixir for our well-being. Welcome to our journey into the world of “Be Kind to Yourself Quotes.” This collection is more than just a gathering of words; it’s a heartfelt reminder and a wellspring of inspiration.
As you delve into these quotes, imagine them as gentle whispers from a caring friend, reminding you to love yourself and nurture the unique soul that you are. The world can be a challenging place, and it’s easy to forget that we are all fighting our own battles, including the one within ourselves. The way we treat ourselves is a beacon that guides others in how to treat us. So, let this be your sanctuary for self-compassion, a place where you can always find a kind word and a source of inspiration, regardless of the circumstances you may face. Join us on this exploration of self-love and discover the transformative power of being kind to yourself.
50 Be Kind To Yourself Quotes.
1. “I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.”
Every day is a brand new opportunity to accomplish your goals, and every day that you work on your goals you are one step closer to accomplishing your heart’s desires. Thus following this be kind to yourself quote, you may not be where you want to be right now, but you are closer to your goals today than you were yesterday. You’ve got this; keep working hard at what you want.
2. “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.” – Oscar Wilde
This quote uses humour to encourage you to be true and kind to yourself, for no matter how hard a person may try, they cannot be anyone else.
Related: This article on how to be kind towards others may interest you.
3. The first rule of kindness is to be kind to yourself.
4. Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beauty that makes you, you.
In accordance with this quote about being kind to yourself, a good way to be kind to yourself is to take care of yourself. Take care of your physical and mental health and be happy with who you are,
5. “Love yourself first and everything falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball.
When people do not love themselves as much as they should, people tend to think they can get away with taking such people for granted, crosses boundaries with them and so on in relationships, at work and generally in everyday life, which should never be the case of course
6. No matter how bad you think of yourself, there is always something that you can be proud of.
This ‘be kind to yourself’ quote rings true in so many ways for no matter what you think of yourself, no matter your situation, there is always something to be proud of and grateful for. You may be interested to read these 70 things you can be thankful for to get some inspiration to come up with your own personal list.
7. It’s not about being good at something. It’s about being good to yourself.
This quote is essentially saying that being good at something is one thing; however, in everything that you do, be good to yourself in the process.
8. Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words, and actions is just as important as being kind to others.
In line with this be kind to yourself quote, how do you give what you do not have? To be in a good position to be kind to others, you have to be kind to yourself. Also, if you do not love yourself, how can you love others? So, it is just as important to love and be kind to yourself as it is to love and be kind to others.
9. You will never speak to anyone more than you speak to yourself in your head, so always be kind to yourself.
What you say or think about yourself matters a lot, as this affects your everyday life in more ways than you may realise. Words are powerful, and so are your thoughts; luckily, you can control both. In line with this love yourself quote, it is noteworthy that your thoughts become your words, and your words become your actions. Your actions, in turn, become your habits, and your habits become your character and finally, your character shapes your destiny. So be kind to yourself and practice positive self-talk.
10. Be kind to yourself, for you are amazing; you are good enough and totally worth it.
Just in case you have forgotten or perhaps you have been too busy to think about all your amazing qualities, this quote is a lovely reminder that you are amazing, good enough and worth it so be kind to yourself and appreciate all the good that you do.
11. “Remember you have been criticising yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L Hay.
To get a different result, you have to do things differently.
12. “Don’t just be good to others. Be good to yourself too.” – Unknown.
Love yourself, for you are just as important as anybody else.
13. “Be kind to yourself; you are doing the best you can.” – Unknown.
The way you treat yourself is an invitation for others to treat you the same way, so be kind to yourself.
14. “Love yourself as much as you want to be loved.” – Unknown.
Love yourself as much as you want to be loved, and be kind to yourself because how you treat yourself determines how others will treat you. If you want people to love and treat you right, start by loving yourself and treating yourself right.
15. “How you treat yourself is how you invite the world to treat you.” – Unknown.
This quote is very accurate; for instance, if you want people to treat you better, start by treating yourself the way you want people to treat you. If you talk down on yourself, people will takedown on you, and if you hold yourself in high regard, people will hold you in that same regard and so on. In the same vein, treat others the way you want to be treated, for the energy you put into the universe is what you get back in return.
Here are other posts that may interest you:
- Cute love quotes about him – Find the words to express just how you feel.
- You’ve got this – To inspire you to be to accomplish your heart’s desires.
- Easy steps on how to love yourself – Love yourself first and attract more love and light into your life. For how you treat yourself is how others will treat you.
- Lesson to be learned – We all have lessons to learn, and sometimes we experience the same problem repeatedly until we learn the lessons life is trying to teach us.
16. “Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening.” – Lisa M. Hayes.
When you hear something a lot you start to believe it, and you are the one person you hear a lot so be mindful of what you think and say about yourself.
17. “Talk to yourself as you would to someone you love.”
18. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
I love this quote. Be yourself, be true to your values and your life path and do not be distracted or envious of other people, especially to the point of trying to be who you are not. However, it is okay to be inspired by other people whilst staying grounded in who you are.
19. Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
20. Give yourself permission to be kind to yourself.
Indeed allow yourself to be kind to yourself irrespective of whatever may be in your past; you are in control of your future. You can become a conscious co-creator of your reality, starting by being kind to yourself.
21. “Be kind to others, so you can learn the secret art of being kind to yourself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda.
Some people find it easier to be kind to others than to be kind to themselves. It sounds odd, but it happens a lot, actually. So be people who fall into this category, it is advised that the acts of kindness they show to others should also show to themselves. The way they treat others in this instance would therefore serve as an example of how they should treat themselves.
22. If you can’t say anything nice about yourself, practice.
Write down positive things about yourself, even though you do not 100% believe them to be true but you want them to be true, write it down and read it to yourself every day, put some feeling into it and watch the magic happen. It is simply the law of attraction and reprogramming of your mind. Over time, the negative programming you have about yourself will begin to change. Read more on some easy steps to take to love yourself. Another great post on this that may interest you is on the power of self-talk.
23. “Learn to accept who you are and realise that your uniqueness adds value to this world.”
24. Always find time for things that make you happy.
This is a great be kind to yourself quote, as you are just as important as those you love and care for. So, make time for yourself to do the things that make you happy for the sake of your mental health and general well-being.
25. Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: “Just in case you forgot, you are loved, you matter, you are worthy.” – Unknown.
Everyone needs a reminder of how loved and worthy they are every now and then. So, just in case you have not been told in a while, this ‘be kind to yourself quote’ serves as a reminder that you are loved, you matter, and you are worthy. For everyone is special in their own right. We each have been endowed with unique gifts or set of talents to help us succeed in this game of life.
26. “Be true to yourself, be kind to yourself, read and learn about everything that interests you, and keep away from people who bring you down.” – Dr Steve Maraboli.
27. “People will come and go in life, but the person in the mirror will be there forever. So be good to yourself.”
This ‘be kind to yourself quote’ hits the nail on the head. For real! You are the one person in your life you can be sure of that will always literally be there for you. So do not take yourself for granted, be kind to yourself, love yourself first and be better able to love others and pursue your dreams.
28.Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: “No, you are not perfect, and that’s exactly how it should be.”
Not only are you not perfect. No one else is. Social media, television and magazines promote this heavily edited version of perfection, which is unrealistic. You are human and just fine, just the way you are. Be happy with yourself irrespective of the ‘imperfection’ you think you have. Many of our problems are usually just in the mind and not a big deal at all.
29. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realised how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
In other words, worry less if at all about what other people think and focus more within, worry about your own thoughts and actions, for that is what really matters.
30. “Be kind to yourself so you can be happy enough to be kind to the world.” – Misha Collins.
You cannot give what you do not have, in order to be truly kind to others, you first to first be kind to yourself.
31. “It’s okay if all you did today was survive.” – Unknown.
32. “What we say to ourselves in the privacy of our own minds matters.” – Marie Forleo.
Your thoughts matter, for they become your actions. So, think positively and be kind to yourself always. Just know that you can control or change your mindset by what you feed your mind. Read more on how to have and maintain a positive mindset.
33. “Allow yourself to be imperfect.” – Unknown.
Perfection is just an illusion; no one is perfect. So, allow yourself to be imperfect. Do not be hard on yourself, be kind to yourself.
34. “You are stronger than you think.” – Unknown.
People are usually their own worst critics and are actually stronger and better than they think they are. So believe in yourself, for you are stronger than you think.
35. “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is always mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo.
36.Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
Be kind to yourself, for everyone is fighting a hard battle in one way or another. The world can be a harsh place, so there is really no need for you to add on any further hardship on yourself. Just be kind to yourself, be happy, and then share the love and kindness with others, for you cannot give what you do not have.
37. Sometimes, you have to forget what you want to remember, what you deserve.
In others words, try not to have tunnel vision with an attachment to the outcome of your desires. Clear your mind and look at things from different perspectives; journaling can help.
38. “Be kind to yourself, it’s the best medicine to heal and grow.” – Aziz Farheen
39. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. Accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
40. “Negative self-talk costs more than even the richest person can afford. So be nice to yourself whenever possible and know that it is always possible.” – Dough Pedersen.
41. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself in positive ways.” – Jerry Corsten.
This quote about being kind to yourself is so practical. For to love yourself and be kind to yourself, you have to first like yourself. Look in the mirror and give yourself honest compliments; you could journal about positive things about yourself, such as your accomplishments and what you like about yourself.
42. Give yourself credit for how far you’ve come.
Give yourself credit for how far you have come, and list all your accomplishments to help you appreciate yourself and how far you have come. This is also a great way to motivate yourself to accomplish more success in your life whilst being kind to yourself and others in the process.
43. Stop hating yourself for everything you aren’t, and start loving yourself for everything you already are.
Focus more on what you have and less on the things that you do not have. Practising gratitude can help with a mindset change and bring you into the present moment to appreciate all that you do have, and all that is going right for you in your life. So, this quote is a lovely reminder to love yourself and all the amazing qualities you have and focus less, if at all, on what you think you lack.
44. Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: “We are born to be ourselves, not to be perfect.” – Unknown.
Indeed, everyone has problems, so just be kind to yourself and love yourself just the way you are. Perfection only “exists” on social media, movies and magazines; they are not real. Human beings were not created to be perfect, thus as this quote about being kind to yourself states ” we are not born to be ourselves, not to be perfect.” You could even try considering your so-called imperfections as your strengths. It all depends on how you look at things. For nothing in life has any meaning other than what you attribute to it.
45. Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: “Remember, you survived 100% of your worst days.” – Unknown.
46. “Never apologise for being yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
So true. Why should you apologise for being yourself? As long as you are a good person, kind, respect other people’s boundaries and wish them well, you really have nothing to apologize for. So you are unique; that is your superpower, so be kind to yourself.
47. Love yourself, and the rest will follow quote: I’m not perfect, but I’m pretty good.
Damn right! You are not perfect but remember that nobody is perfect, so always be kind to yourself. So in line with this be kind to yourself quote, you should love and appreciate yourself just the way you are. However, this does not stop you from working on making yourself better at your job, business, school work etc.
48. Spend a little more of your time making something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.
According to this love yourself and the rest will follow quote, no matter how hard you try, you can never please everybody, so why bother? Just be true to yourself and be kind to everyone, including yourself; that is good enough. So this quote reminds us to focus more inwards, on our personal growth and development, on things and people that give us joy and focus less on trying to impress people.
49. “I’m better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I will be tomorrow.” – Marianne Williamson.
This love yourself and rest well will follow quote remind’s us that we can never know it all. Ever heard the saying, you live, and you learn? Well, that is the way life goes. We are constantly learning from encounters with others, our environments, formal education, etc. As long as we have breath, the learning continues, for we can never know it all. So be kind to yourself, for you are making progress.
50. Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: “Forgive yourself for not having the foresight to know what now seems so obvious in hindsight.” – Judy Belmot.
Everyone’s path is different; some people have foresight, while others learn lessons from personal mistakes or learn from the mistakes of others. Be kind to yourself irrespective of your path, learn the lessons you need to learn from the circumstances you find yourself in and grow and become a better and wiser version of yourself.
- Need Encouragement? Here Are 26 ‘You’ve Got This’ Quotes. - 28 September 2023
- Be Kind To Yourself Quotes: Love Yourself Always. - 28 September 2023
- Cute Love Quotes About Him: Express Your Love. - 28 September 2023